3.20.2009

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (book)

Twilight by littlebrownbooks.

Twilight

Because some fellow bloggers mentioned blogging about the movie vs book, I want to blog about the book before I watch the movie today.

Stephenie's bio from her site.

Stephenie Meyer graduated from Brigham Young University with a bachelor's degree in English. She lives with her husband and three young sons in Phoenix, Arizona. After the publication of her first novel, Twilight, booksellers chose Stephenie Meyer as one of the "most promising new authors of 2005" (Publishers Weekly).
I have heard that there are good and bad thoughts about this book. I have heard others say that it is controversial. I took the book for what it is. A science fiction entertainer and nothing more. It is a story about star crossed lovers with a different obstacle in their path. Edward is an expert in everything he does including saving Bella from herself. But he is a vampire. Bella is terrible in everything she does. She is always finding herself into trouble and is very prone to accidents. Despite everything, Edward was in love. Bella found her own feelings, undeniable.

I found this book very well written. I am a details girl. I want to read a book and picture everything! I need something that will capture my attention and hold it. If not, I'll put the book down and leave it. Stephenie captured my attention right off the bat. I began reading and was hooked. I loved the twists involved. It was never boring and just got better with each page.

My 17 year old sister recommended these books. I knew it had to be good for her to read them. she is not a reader. I recommend this book to anyone that loves vampires, anyone that loves star crossed lovers, anyone that can take a book for what it's meant to be.

Now I'm off to watch the movie. I can't wait to compare!


0 comments: