9.13.2008

Another one down...

I had another colposcopy yesterday. I had 2 while I was pregnant with Kambree. One at 14 weeks and the other at almost 32 weeks. He didn't do the biopsies while I was pregnant. At 32 weeks my cervix didn't appear to change much. It wasn't worth the risk. So I was so grateful for that! But he took two biopsies of my cervix this time. OUCH. I'm soooo sensitive down there anyways. He said he isn't quite sure why I hurt because everything appears normal other than of course the abnormal cells. I told him that he could just take it all out! He said since I'm done having kids and I have a history of cervical dysplasia, that is a very good possibility. He said that he'd like to do another LEEP to make sure it's not invasive. Not sure if he means the hysterectomy being invasive or the dysplasia. I'm guessing the hysterectomy. But he also said while I was pregnant, that there really isn't much more to take from my cervix. I don't know how I feel about the hysterectomy. The idea of no periods is just phenomenal. I just don't know if I can deal with the other stuff that goes along with it. With my family history, I want my ovaries out as well. He said we will discuss my options when I go back in 2 weeks for the results. So prayers that things work out for the best!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

2 comments:

Shana said...

((((Gena)))) Keep me posted on the results.

Anonymous said...

((((((Gena))))))) continued thoughts and prayers. Please keep my posted on the results.