11.25.2008

COD 10-Decorations


Sponsors: Day Ten Blog Party Question is Brought to you by Organic Blankees, Huddy Buddy, and Baby Legs.

VIP BLOGS to visit are Parent Reviewers , Mom Most Traveled, Mommy Zabs, MomStart, HipposToes, Run DMT

DAY TEN QUESTION

post by Kimberly


Do you decorate for the holidays? Do you have a themed tree? Share pics! Do you think there is such thing as OVER decorating?

I personally LOVE the Christmas season with all the decorations! I love to look at the Nativity scenes, lights, and much more! Around Christmas I LOVE the whole feeling. I start decorating for Christmas right after Thanksgiving! We love to go cut a Christmas tree after driving around looking for the perfect one! This year we are most likely getting an artificial tree. The way our house is set up, we have a heater in the front room and that's our only source of heat. No heating ducts or anything. So the front room gets way too hot to put a live tree. So we are just getting the fake tree. It will be okay right? LOL Just for one year? Less mess for me! I love to hang stockings and I love to pull out the Christmas decorations we have! We don't do a themed tree but I'm working on having all our ornaments be something special. I don't want any glass bulbs or anything that is just there. I want each piece to mean something. I have some that were given to me from a wonderful swap buddy. I have some that the kids have made. I just love it!


Here is a picture of Stoney cutting down a Christmas tree.


One of the ornaments I have recieved the year we were married.

Sydnee's first Christmas ornament


6 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, Glass bulbs are really not a good idea! (and if you have hard floors.. like I did last year... you surely wouldn't want the glass!)

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

We broke down and got a fake tree after paying more than $50/year for a real one. That's just too expensive. In order to keep the tree smell that I so love, we buy one of those really, really small trees (it's basically the top of a tree) each year and let Morgan decorate it however she wants.

Tena said...

nothing better than remembering the year from a past through an oranment, love this part of decorating the tree

Staci A said...

What beautiful ornaments! I think having each one mean something is really important too.

savvysuzie said...

hey - getting a fake tree for safety's sake isn't a bad thing! You can always do what my dad does now that he has a fake tree - he gets a real pine wreath and some real pine garland to keep the smell in the house :)

Unknown said...

How pretty!